Last updated: January 04, 2021
We use necessary cookies to make our sites and apps work.
2. WHAT ARE COOKIES ?
Cookies are small files / data packets that website providers send to a user’s browser or device when visiting a website or using an app and which are then stored on the user’s device.
3. TYPES OF COOKIES
Cookies can be roughly differentiated by certain criteria.
Firstly, we can distinguish cookies in regards to their “publisher”:
- “First party” cookies are cookies stored on your device by the website you are visiting or app you are using. In this case, that means cookies that our website provided and stored on your computer the moment you visited this website / accepted or declined cookies on this website.
- “Third party” cookies are cookies designed and “published” by providers other than the provider of this website. Please note that we cannot influence or control third-party cookies that are already on your computer at the time of visiting our website, nor do we have the ability to know what information such cookies collect. We recommend that you inform yourself about potential dangers at https://www.youronlinechoices.com/
Secondly, cookies can be distinguished by how long the cookie remains (“duration”) on the user’s device after leaving the website/app:
- Temporary or “session” cookies are removed for the user’s device after the browser has been closed. Websites and apps use these cookies to store temporary data such as e.g. items in a shopping cart.
- Persistent cookies remain on your device after you close your internet browser. Websites use them to save certain pertinent data such as e.g. username and/or password, the language you chose to use during your first visit etc. These cookies may remain on your device for days, months and even years or until they are deleted by the user.
Thirdly, cookies can be distinguished based on their category and/or purpose:
- Essential cookies are cookies that allow the user usage of basic website functions. Blocking or deleting these cookies may significantly decrease website functionality. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you’ve been on the internet. These cookies do not identify you as an individual.
- Functional cookies allow users to customize how a website looks for them: they can remember usernames, language preferences and regions, and can be used to provide more personal services like local weather reports and traffic news. The information these cookies collect may include personal data that you have disclosed.
- Analytical/Performance cookies collect data for statistical purposes on how visitors use a website; e.g. gathering data about visits to the website, including numbers of visitors and visits, length of time spent on the website, pages clicked on or where visitors have come from. They don’t contain personal information such as names and email addresses, and are used to improve your user experience of a website. These cookies do not identify you as an individual.
- Targeting cookies or advertising cookies record your visits to particular websites, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. They are usually used to deliver advertisements more relevant to you, but can also limit the number of times you see an advertisement, and be used to chart the effectiveness of an ad campaign by tracking users’ clicks. Most types of these cookies track consumers via their Device ID or IP address and therefore they may collect personal data, including your online behavior.
4. COOKIES USED BY COMET PLAY
Comet PLAY uses the following essential cookies:
|FIRST PARTY COOKIES
|THIRD PARTY COOKIES
|COMET PLAY does not use Third Party Cookies
5. HOW TO MANAGE COOKIES ?
You can turn off / block cookies through settings in your internet browser by declining to download certain or all cookies. These settings are usually found in the “options”, “preferences” or “settings” menus in your browser. Note that you can download third party apps that can help you with managing cookies.
Once you have given us your cookie consent, we will store the cookie on your device to be used for your future visits to this website or use of our apps.
If, at any time, you wish to withdraw your cookie consent, you will have to manually erase our cookies through the settings in your internet browser or device.
The following links may be useful if you are interested in more details regarding cookies management for certain browsers:
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cookies-information-websites-store-on-your-computer
- Safari (Desktop): https://support.apple.com/kb/PH5042
- Safari (Mobile): https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201265
For more information on cookie usage you can always contact us with your questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.